Wednesday 22 January 2014

Thank You


Well Since releasing to the world that I'm doing this journey I have had some truly wonderful and very welcomed support.
To all those that messaged with words of support I thank you, It means alot.
I was surprised as to how many people where interested in this little thin I'm doing but I guess I get surprised alot these days how powerful social Media can be.
I mean some times I wonder if anything I say is truly looked at on face book. But I guess it comes down to how good the content of that message put out.

Also I found so many people wanted to know and asked lots of questions and since there were so many and that I think it will be good to share with everyone I will answer them in this blog.

OK so first question was

" when starting this do you have and end weight or goal"


Short answer is yes I have a goal in mind but it's a bit vague and not an exact figure. You see I have asked the question to many professionals and found there answer all to be very different. Take my GP for example, he put my stats into his BMI program that came out with a healthy wait range of 78 to 85 Kg. Now for those that know me well and have seen me, you would know that my bones alone would weight that much.
Even my GP looked at me and said "um i think you could do with a little bit more on that as you have a big frame" so 110Kg's was what he guessed would be around that right mark. My personal trainer Marco said around the same when I worked out with him a while ago.
So the number I'm going for is around the 110Kg mark. I am guessing I will know what feels and looks right when I get there.
I really have not thought about a goal or a set time frame as I really don't know how long it will take or even what the best and safest weight loss schedule would be. There is alot of information out there saying what weight you should be but not so much on the optimal time frame to do it in.
I mean take for example the biggest loser progam. they aim for huge numbers in a very quick time frame but I'm not so sure that is best. Each to there own I guess.

Next question

"What made me put my soul on a page and expose my self so deeply"

OK I understand that for many doing what I have done would possible be that scariest thing ever.
Letting the whole world know some of the most personal details of you life.
I guess I did it for a few reasons, one would be to give my self no escape route. Meaning that by telling as many people as possible about my journey I would put myself in a position of accountability but also in a position to get the most support and for a journey like this the more help the merrier.

Also I thought that it would be selfish to accomplish something and not share, as what if my words, my goal reaching could or would help someone else rethink there life and maybe take the same steps as me. I'm not saying that someone should expose them self quiet like I have but take from it what they needed to do the best for them.
As my journey came form hearing of a friends battle and accomplishments.

"Do you need a personal trainer or is that part of your program" 



For me the reason I have chosen to use a personal trainer is to fill a specific roll to use a personal trainer at this time. I am only using my trainer for three weeks. I am using his skills to help me start a plan and to get myself in good form while training. As I have said before poor form while do exercises is a dangerous venture. On a ongoing basis I will check in and maybe have one off sessions but my plan is to become self sufficient in the training department.
The other thing to remember is that depending on your personal constitution you may need to have a driving force to help you and to make you reach your goals. For me I am good at self governing and I get my driving forces from within.
Plus if you can afford a personal trainer full time you have way to much cash.

"Are you going to show a before and after photos or progressive shots"


Short answer is yes I do intend to do before and after shots. Also I was thinking of doing progressive shots but I want to have a bit of fun with it.
If any of you are photographers out there I would like to discuss a fun project but I'm not sure how to do it.
To say that I am less than thrilled to put these pictures out there is an understatement but I think it necessary for this to continue to be a no hold's barred look into my journey and the pictures are a big part of it.

" Are you doing a calories count or doing a point system"

No, No points and I'm not crunching the numbers as to how may calories I am taking in.
What I am doing is not what I consider to be a diet. I'm changing the way I eat as well as what I'm eating.
I have been on many so called diets where I am starving reaching for anything to fill the void.
I have got some direction from the system I'm on but really it's just a change in perception of food.

It's not changing one thing its changing a few, not changing or focusing on only one thing drastically and not even looking at the other areas of my life.
More of a life style change if you will.

"Why are you taking supplements and what are you using and why"

My supplements, well I am using a supplement plan that was recommended to me by a friend that they have used for some time now and found it assisted in the progress to optimal health.
What it is not! It is not a fat loss wonder pill, meal replacement, shake, lemon drink or any thing in the normal weight loss world. I guess I would describe it like this.

My supplements can be broken down to 2 types of supplements

Protein

This supplements is a collagen protein, the protein helps me with my recovery after workouts, to protect my heart and connective tissues, promote lean tissue growth, and to protect my joints
It also has weight management properties perfect for fat loss and will help to speed up the metabolic function of the body also promotes healthy blood sugar levels, feeds the muscle and burns the fat!
Most importantly, it helps with craving control that's a big plus there!
Other things to consider is the anti aging properties is a great product for your skin. Hydrolyzed collagen helps thicken the skin, strengthen arterial walls, and rebuild cartilage

Multi-vitamin

I have three different types I take which all work in injunction with each other but all have very specific jobs.

The first I called burner, It help me with five key factors to losing weight safely and happily: appetite control, mental alertness, fat oxidation, athletic performance, and water balance.
Now I'm not going to go into great detail as I know I can go on a bit so, if you want to know more ask if not sit back and see how it helps me over time.

The Second is called Muscle,  firstly and most importantly this protect my existing muscle tissue, and secondly to create an optimum environment for the addition of new muscle tissue.
Through proven ingredients like milk thistle, beta alanine, acai, and vitamins B6 and C.
Once again  there alot in this and happy to tell you more if you want to know.

Third is call Youth,  it helps with four key anti-aging factors: mental alertness, anti-inflammation, anti-oxidant support, and organ support.
Include things such as Acai, Resveratrol, Curcumin, Vitamins A, C, D, E, B12, and Alpha-lipoic-acid to help the body combat the effects of aging.
By keeping your body and organs healthy and free from inflammation you not only increase my quality of life but you also add years to my life expectancy. Which is a good thing!


Well I had a few more questions but these were the best and I did not really want to go to over loading with info.
I want to keep you coming back not put you to sleep :)
thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment