Friday 24 January 2014

New Shoes Jenny!

Well Leg day has arrived and had a great workout with Marco PT.
For those that don't know what I mean its simple.
Mondays at the gym I do weights and I do my chest, Wednesday is back and shoulders and Friday is Legs.
I am very strategic in my planning of my weeks exercises as I would not want to do Legs Monday only to not be able to walk Tuesday work day.
It's not that I can't walk or function but its a hard feeling to describe really.
DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness is moderate muscle pain that is felt 12 to 24 hours after exercise.
It's a common symptom following taking up a new exercise routine or after increasing the intensity or duration of your exercise program. DOMS is the result of new stress on muscle tissue that's not used to being exerted in a certain way. 
DOMS is thought to be caused by microscopic tears in the muscle fibers, which arise when we push our bodies harder than they're accustomed to. The inflammation that also accompanies these tears also contributes to the increased soreness and stiffness.

DOMS can affect anyone regardless of their fitness levels. Any new form of exercise that leads to muscles stiffness is simply a sign that your body is adapting to the new strain.

So being that this is the first session I have had for a long time I'm expecting to feel the pain but it's a good pain, it's my friend in away. Lets me know that what I did was pushing my boundary's and there for it was a good workout.

I am also looking forward to see how my supplementation helps this factor. As It has been great with the other work outs. It does not eliminate the DOMS but lessens the intensity and duration.

Been that my legs are my biggest muscles I should expect to feel quiet alot and be in for a ride, but I will wait and see. I have been pleasantly surprised with the recovery for the other two workouts.

I felt so good at the end of the day I went for another walk to loosen up the leg before bed. 
Another 8km night.

As of next week Im going to start timing my self around the track I have made in and around my estate.

Time taken to do my course helps me see alot of things, energy levels, stamina and by tracking them I can see what effect my times, food, work load of the working week and so forth.

Also what helped me today was I got myself some new shoes and to say they made a difference was the
understatement of the year.

Nothing but fantastic, my old ones were really holding me back. Only thing was the price.

You see when I go into a store, no matter what I am looking for I am driven by one factor and one factor only.

Do you have my size!
You see when I went to go buy this new pair I went to a store that specializes in sports shoes.
Now the first comment from the assist was "OK lets see what shoe you need for your particular foot".
My first comment was " well lets forget the shoe technology and lets start with do you have size 14US and if you do then lets discuss on each shoe there merits and functions".

I have had many years of training in stopping shop assistant's in there tracks. I see no point in going thru all the great point of a product if you don't have it in my size.
The shop assistant said she had never done it that way but would do ask I asked.

She soon found out that my way was the best way as there were only three shoe in that size.
and after trying all found only one was a fit, lucky for me it also had the requirements for my specific foot type.which is crazy as I normally have to take what I can get. My lucky day I guess.

So I have new shoes, but still not sure how a shoe can cost that much.
I asked as to how long the warranty was and would they last a year with 3 to 4 times a week use.
I got a really dumb founded look on the girls face which told me no.
Well I guess I will see how long it takes to wear them out.

another good day, this journey is enjoyable. Not what I expected.
If you have any questions please ask away.
Thanks for reading. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment