Saturday 8 February 2014

Taking Jane to Karate!

Well today has been a long time coming.
Last year I committed to taking Jane my niece to Karate.
I have been thinking of going back as I did love it and I can't remeber why I left.  I guess it must have been when I left Tassie.

Grandpa Pete's started taking Jane to Karate when she visited Hobart and his hope was that she would continue a family tradition.

It has been some time since I have been in a Dojo but like most things in life some lessens learn t are not forgotten so quickly. I surprised myself with what I had retained.

After arriving there for a 9.30am start I new I was in for a killer session, so the day arrives and it had to be in the middle of the hottest week ever.

9.30am start and it was already 35 degs.
So the session starts and all is going well, remebering lots from my past. It was great to not feel compleatly out of place.

Jane was doing well and before we new it we had done half the class.
So Jane turns to me and in her loudest voice and asks

" Uncle Matt why are you sweating so much"

trying my hardest not to clasp my hand over her mouth I said while everyone was turning towards us to hear my response. So what could I say but the truth

 "sweetie I'm old and fat" the room breaks into a giggle.

After a few seconds of studying what I said, I could see her mind ticking over with the next question.
Then out it came with as must gusto as the first statement.

"So is the why you look like you have just got out of the shower"

more giggles

"yes sweetie when you are over weight its harder to do things but I am try to get fit and that's why I am here with you"

Then I see she has another question or statement to add.
Then she said this

"OK so I will help you until you don't sweat any more uncle Matt and your not old.......... well sort of"
Too cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment